I touched upon this in an earlier post but I felt the need to elaborate. I’m probably not going to convince anyone that I’m right about fall (unless you already hate it like I do), but that isn’t my mission anyway. I just enjoy expressing my feelings… in a bitchy way.
reasons fall sucks.
1. The kids are back in school. My daughter, especially, has been in a ‘mom-phase‘. We spent a huge amount of time together this summer. I’m going to miss that.
2. I have too much alone time. That means my brain works overtime… creating all sorts of worst-case scenarios. That means I am a huge mess.
3. It is not even September yet and the school supplies are already being cleared out for Halloween stuff and Christmas stuff, for fuck’s sake! I hate Christmas. But that’s a whole different list. I think I’ve even made one before. Maybe I will make another one. I’m probably going to repeat myself. Deal with it.
4. Enough with the pumpkin spice shit already! First of all, pumpkin is gross. Does all this pumpkin spice crap taste like pumpkin? Or is it just the ‘spice‘ part that’s in these flavored things? I’ve never been clear on that. But no matter. It has gone way overboard. I already want it to go away. They have pumpkin spice Frosted Flakes now. Don’t fuck with my Frosted Flakes, dammit. Is nothing sacred?
5. My tan is already fading. I know… the sun is bad for my skin. Whatever. I know… terrible attitude. I don’t care… I look better with a tan.
6. At some point, sooner than I would like, I’m going to have to stop wearing sandals. I love sandals. I hate socks. Don’t get me started on socks with sandals. What the fuck is that?? (Apparently, it’s all the rage in middle school…)
But wearing sandals isn’t over yet… since this happened today (yeah, my car thinks ‘outside’ is two words)…
7. The days are getting shorter… and darker. Some say fall is pretty, and it can be. But really, everything is just dying. Including my soul.
Okay, I’ll give you this…
s fall is good.
1. apple cider donuts.
©2018 what sandra thinks