it’s today. last birthday post. promise.

Today is my birthday. And I promise… this is the last birthday post. That is my gift to you. This one is kind of your fault anyway…

chandelier.

When a few of you played along with my silly gift post, I came to some not-so-shocking conclusions. I will share them now.

1. I drink a LOT of coffee.
  2. I should be drinking a LOT of wine.
  3. I desperately need a relaxing vacation to a tropical destination or anywhere that’s not here. [10 out of 12 of you mentioned a vacation…]
  4. I am boy-crazy man-crazy.
  5. I need more sex.
  6. Diamonds and leather suit me.

Nearly all of you want me to go away. On vacation. Do you think I can set up a go fund me page for this purpose?

Thanks everyone for being here. And thanks especially to those of you who gave me amazing fictional gifts. I should probably start packing my imaginary bags for my imaginary vacation(s). But for now, I’ll just swing from the chandelier.

© whatsandrathinks

Sandra is a writer, blogger, poet, artist, emotional disaster. She thinks far too much and sleeps far too little. Sandra lives in the Northeastern U.S. but dreams of an oceanfront home in Hawaii where she could learn to surf. She loves books, brutal honesty, coffee, and the color black. She hates insincerity, beer, whipped cream, and facebook. And she is uncomfortable talking about herself in the third person.
This entry was posted in autobiographical, personal, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

87 Responses to it’s today. last birthday post. promise.

1. gjmasterton says:

May your birthday wishes of tropical vacations with men in leather and diamond studs come crashingly true for you!

2. Eric says:

Ha! Got here anyway
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SANDRA!!!!!!!!!

3. Happy birthday, my beautiful and witty friend!!

4. Happy actual birthday, I bought you some virtual sun tan lotion and after sun, make sure to put them in your virtual suitcase 🙂

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

6. Haylee says:

Big birthday wishes of happiness to you! Fingers crossed you get at least one of the gifts from the wishlist in the near future 🙂

7. May you have lots of surprise cake.

8. R 'I' P says:

Happy birthday dear! GOD BLESS YOU 🙂

9. The V Pub says:

Happy Birthday, my beautiful friend. I have not forgotten your present today. My only wish, selfish as it is, was to share breakfast with you.

xoxo

Rob

10. theturtle says:

Happy Birthday 🙂
    Coming late to the party , but well that’s my trademark 😉 , hoping there’s still some cake ( but I doubt it ,as yours usually look very good ) but if not that’s ok I’ll just drink for you and me and save you a headache tomorrow 🙂
    Wishing you’ve had a very good day and been swinging from the chandelier with happiness 😀
    Turtle Hugs on your 29th or is it 28th? 😉

• You can assume it is anything 29 or under… 😀 Thanks for the birthday wishes. Happy to see you anytime! And hey, it’s only just after 8pm… it’s still officially my birthday for almost another 4 hours. 🙂 Also… I didn’t make the cake… but it was good… and I think the piece I ate was too big. More than half is leftover. Come on over!

11. Happy birthday!!! Welcome to your 29th year, I’m a little jealous since you are now 2 months younger than I am….funny how things like that turn out hehe! Enjoy your day Sandra!

12. Tiegan says:

Happy birthday! I hope I haven’t missed it lol (timezones and all). You deserve an awesome birthday 🙂

xo

13. Well, based on the um… comments above, things improved as the day progressed! At least here on the interwebz. 😜

Well, I’m super late as always. But you know I was thinking of you Sandra. Stay well my friend and hope the week ahead is a good one. xo 🙂

15. Elizabeth Helmich says:

Happy Birthday! I agree – Birthdays should absolutely be celebrated as long as possible…and Rob clearly needs to send you a personal green phone picture. He’s holding out on you. Mine was a couple weeks ago, and I’m still waiting to get my Indian food! 🙂

16. A.C. Melody says:

Happy belated birthday, I really wanted to make it back in time for your awesome 29th, I mean that is a very important year – but I was chasing your virtual birthday gift down, see? It was a very long trip and there was some finangling with rum – but here it is! No coffee, no vacations, just dessert… lots and lots of dessert. 😛 http://i.imgur.com/eskBpoz.png

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )