better love.

Don’t you hate when you love an artist or a band… and you cannot wait for their next release… but when it happens, you’re disappointed? I get that they grow and evolve and all that. But it sucks when they change so much that I just don’t love them anymore. It feels like a lost a friend. A really good, very intimate one.

But…

hozier - better love.

That is not what happened here.

I have been dying for new music from Hozier… because he is brilliant and I can hardly bear listening to anyone else right now. This has been going on for weeks. So… when I heard there was a new song, I got nervous. Yeah, I’m a freak.

Of course, I worried for nothing, as I often do.

It’s just one song… but I’ve had it on repeat for days. It is one of the most beautiful songs on earth. And he wrote it for Tarzan. Fking Tarzan. He just makes everything beautiful. And I get an incredibly talented man at a piano… sigh… a very close second to a talented man with a guitar.

I hope you enjoy it. I’m sure I’m enjoying it enough for everyone. But… if you hate it, I’m not sure I want to know. Especially since I have no idea how that’s possible.

grey hearts.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are mine and are, of course, super cool and accurate.

This entry was posted in music, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to better love.

He is a beautiful man. I’m going to go to Ireland and kidnap him for us.

Yes to the nervousness and fear of/actual disappointment! Music is highly intimate, just as you described.

He rocks, thanks for sharing the new song!

3. The V Pub says:

It works backwards for me. I usually don’t like the new release at first, because it’s a departure. Then, it grows on me, and I end up loving it.

• That happens to me sometimes, too. Either with a few songs or an entire release. So I go through the sadness and disappointment… but then I get over it. I’ve got some favorites right now that I kind of hated the first time I heard them. But sometimes, I really don’t ever get over it… and that makes me sad… I don’t like to lose any of those intimate “relationships” I have with music…

4. Plectrumm says:

Saw him last year at Jazzfest in NOLA…great show😎

5. Ooh! I can’t wait to listen!

6. I’m a big fan of Hozier too. My friends and I joke that just hearing him sing gets us pregnant 😀

7. Oh yes. So disappointing.

8. Ooh, loving it! And he’s not too difficult to watch, either 🙂

9. maharedwynn says:

I love Hozier! 😍 So glad the new song isn’t a disappointment!

10. theturtle says:

Turtle on a Lazy streak 😉 so Yes to all before me 🙂
    Turtle Hugs

11. Marquessa says:

Heard of him but not the music. Thanks for the introduction!

12. Amazing new song and good movie!

13. Pingback: music | h – hozier #atozchallenge | what sandra thinks