a couple things.

Thing one…

This popped up today. All bright and orange-ish yellow and special.

wp 1000 likes.

1000 likes! My God, really?! Of course, it’s really a milestone that you gave me, dear readers. Thank you for being here. Thank you for liking some stuff while being here. And please don’t forget your gift basket on the way out.

I never set any quantitative goals for this blog. But I did have a few unrealistic, fantastical dreams for it. I won’t divulge them. That may stop them from coming true. Like the birthday-cake-blow-out-the-candles wish or the shooting-star wish – don’t tell or it won’t come true! Then again, I’ve never told… and, well… I’m still waiting.

Do you hear me, powers-that-be? I’m waiting… <insert annoying finger tapping here>

Thing two…

Zoe* (my daughter) loves to make things. She’s kind of like her mom. Actually, she’s frighteningly like her mom. Pictures of her at 1, 2, 3 years old could be pictures of me. She’s grown into her own a bit more now that she’s 8 (and acts 16 – we are in big trouble…), but no one ever needs confirmation that I’m her mom. Each year, the first time I meet her new teacher, I walk in and I’m greeted with ‘you must be Zoe’s mom.’ Apparently it’s super-obvious.

Back to making things… Zoe always has a project. She asks for the stapler, scissors, tape… and lots of paper. Yeah, she is just like me. Tree-killing artistic machine. She writes mini stories and folds them into books. Then she illustrates them. She draws… a lot.

Just because they’re so lovely and it makes me happy to look at them, I thought I’d share a couple of her recent pieces. Plus, when I told her I might do this, she was very excited to be “internet famous.”

zoe robins.
zoe peanuts.

Sweet dreams, friends.

* Name changed to protect the seldom innocent.

This entry was posted in art, blogging, family, milestone, parenting, writing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to a couple things.

1. Congrats on the likes! Haha, and those pictures are awesome 😀

2. Deb says:

Congratulations. Loving your daughter’s art.

3. lolabipola says:

Those made me smile 😊 Thank you for sharing. That is super precious!

4. nearlywes says:

My sisters name is Zoe, well my youngest sister. 😀

5. chalk up one more like from me Sandra! Your blog is one that excites me when I see a new post pop up on my reader – congratulations!

6. beingmepresently says:

Really lovely pictures. Your daughter sounds just like my daughter! X

7. izabolinha says:

Wow! Congratulations ! Know that you are liked 1000 times many times over (does this make any sense? it does in my brain – although that might not be a reliable source 😉 )
    Beautiful drawings , thank you for sharing your daughter’s creativity with us
    Turtle Hugs

8. Thumbup says:

OH! The colors! I love the colors!

9. Your daughter managed to capture the “essence” of all the Charlie Brown characters: Linus has his blanket and Snoopy in his World War 1 flying ace plane! Great job Zoe*! You too for getting 1000 likes! Cheers!

10. One more Like from me…
    And how appropriate!! My latest post, Dear Sandra – part 2, is otherwise titled as “It just starts with a Like” 😀

11. sepultura13 says:

Congratulations!!! That’s an awesome milestone…you’ll be at 2K before you know it!
    😀

12. Jonathan says:

Congratulations on the likes milestone 🙂

13. bp7o9 says: