David @ Wanderlushed (wanderlushed.com) nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award, and I’m honored — especially because he is so funny and his blog is one of the most entertaining I’ve read. If this guy chose me, I must be cool. Right? (Please just agree. Lie to me.) If you don’t already follow him, hurry up and do it now!
Be sure to read his 3rd question and my answer and respond in the comments! (Great idea!)
[By the way, I think I have an obsessive grammar problem because it’s driving me mad not changing the name of this thing to Really Neat Blogger Award! Haha!]
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions the person who nominated you provided.
- Nominate other bloggers. Try to nominate 7 if possible.
- Create new questions for the people you nominate
- Display the logo somewhere on your blog – only if you want to. It’s an award!
Questions I was asked… with answers:
- Red wine or white wine?
Red? Or white. No, red. My mom makes this great red wine/champagne punch… it’s my favorite thing about Christmas.
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
I’m sure there is something worse, but I can’t think of it right now, so I offer this: During my wedding ceremony, I could not get my husband’s ring onto his finger so there was a long silence while I pushed and pushed. When I finally did the best I could, for some weird reason, I gave a thumbs up and the entire congregation started laughing. Someone wrote “two thumbs up” in our guestbook.
- Tell us two true things about you and one lie. And then let’s see if we can guess the lie.
(1) In high school, I was in a rock band with four guys called BBC.
(2) I have literally had my head examined because I whacked my head on concrete.
(3) I received a perfect score on the math portion of my SAT/college entrance exam.
— Okay — which is the lie???
- If you were holding a puppy in one hand and your least favorite child in the other and someone tossed a bottle of wine toward you, which one would you drop so you could catch the wine? Be honest now.
As a reflex, I’d probably duck and hope for the best which would, of course, sacrifice the wine. But truly, I am not a dog person. I’d drop the puppy before the kid.
- Wart ise yoour’e fvartie wrod? Oops, sorry about that. I wrote that last question after a few glasses of wine and I couldn’t see the keyboard. I’m in a better frame of mind now. The question is: What is your favorite word?
Am I drunk because I understood the first iteration of this question? My favorite word is fuck. I’m sure this is not a surprise. Especially if you’ve already read this: https://whatsandrathinks.wordpress.com/2015/11/13/a-discourse-on-the-word/
Visit them — they’re all amazing!
Questions for my nominees:
1. If you could break one law without punishment, which would you break and why?
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
3. If you had to go to a costume party tonight, what or who would you dress as?
4. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
5. If you could change your first name, what would you choose?