awake.

cant-sleep

In the middle of the night
Awake unable to close my eyes
I dread the brightness of sunlight
Because darkness hides daytime’s lies
I’d rather live in denial than fight
Twisted in sheets awaiting black skies
So I wait again for darkness and stars
And wonder when the night will be ours

swash.

Another experiment: Ottava Rima  an octave with the rhyme pattern ab/ab/ab/cc.
© 2016 what sandra thinks

Sandra is a writer, blogger, poet, artist, emotional disaster. She thinks far too much and sleeps far too little. Sandra lives in the Northeastern U.S. but dreams of an oceanfront home in Hawaii where she could learn to surf. She loves music, brutal honesty, coffee, and the color black. She hates insincerity, beer, whipped cream, and facebook. And she is uncomfortable talking about herself in the third person.
This entry was posted in poetry, writing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to awake.

1. This is kinda sad. I’d imagine it’s not a rare feeling for a lot of people though. 😕

I agree….and have been able to relate at times in my life. Lovely expression of this feeling, Sandra.

3. my valiant soul says:

Extremely relatable thought and perfect.

4. Al saher says:

Maybe the feeling of sadness is bcoz of the beauty of the night which forces one to face the bitter truths of reality…. Well said….

5. Painfully lovely, as always, dear friend. Such talent you have ❤

6. I’ve had many nights like the one you described and I can completely relate. ❤ Love your writing! How many years have you been blogging?

7. Hello. I have nominated you for the daily quote challenge..:-)

8. Eric says:

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love this Sandra! 🙂

Sad, lovely, beautiful relatable words … you have a gift for poetry Sandra.

This really resonates with me, Sandra.
    I found this to be the most powerful:
    “I dread the brightness of sunlight
    Because darkness hides daytime’s lies”