darkness.

darkness.

What happens when light cannot overcome darkness?
I lose the beauty of sunrise and hide in the night.
Was it you, so hurtful, so cruel, so heartless?
What happens when light cannot overcome darkness?
No spark ignites me; the sky remains starless.
Blackness overtakes all, stealing my will to fight.
What happens when light cannot overcome darkness?
I lose the beauty of sunrise and hide in the night.

swash.

Trying a new poetry style. This is a triolet — eight lines with repeated lines and a rhyming scheme of ABaAabAB.
© 2016 what sandra thinks

Sandra is a writer, blogger, poet, artist, emotional disaster. She thinks far too much and sleeps far too little. Sandra lives in the Northeastern U.S. but dreams of an oceanfront home in Hawaii where she could learn to surf. She loves music, brutal honesty, coffee, and the color black. She hates insincerity, beer, whipped cream, and facebook. And she is uncomfortable talking about herself in the third person.
This entry was posted in poetry, writing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to darkness.

I looooooove it. Ooooooh! 🌖🌗🌘🌑

2. Beautiful. You used the form to it’s fullest potential. 🙂

3. theturtle says:

You made a very beautiful triolet and I learned a new word and concept today 🙂
    Hugs and wishes for some light to shine on you ❤

Morose and lovely too! Love the form. 💜

5. Such a beautiful poem, Sandra.

6. Vinny Idol says:

I like this poem. Its very haunting and honest. I feel like it describes depression to the letter. Thank you for sharing.

7. alexraphael says:

I liked the poem even before I realised how clever the system was.

Wow, how beautiful Sandra. Loved this. xo

9. mandibelle16 says:

A line I love in a poem by Johne Donne Satire III ” . . . Though truth and falsehood be near twins, yet truth a little elder is.” Truth is light and light will always shine in the dark and the end, end the dark. We know this because light and truth existed before darkness and falsehood ever was.

Beautifully written my friend!