almost brave.

brave.

When you run your hands through my hair
and drag your touch across my lips
I am almost brave enough
to slip out of hiding and
give you all of me

orange hearts.

[If you’re wondering, the answer is yes.]
Β© what sandra thinks

This entry was posted in art, poetry, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to almost brave.

1. I often wonder do we give all I mean ALL of ourselves to someone? I don’t think so. I think I hold back. Just sayin….

2. Sweet anticipation. Maybe you should throw away the hesitation for just a bit.
    I’m hosting a blog party right now and you are invited.

3. Excellent romantic piece!

4. Love your honey locks….beautiful!

5. I knew it was your gorgeous hair to go along with your gorgeous words! Love this xo

Lovely poem, Sandra. I do try to give my all, ugly bits and all. Letting go is very difficult, or has been for me at least. Also, the photo is beautiful! πŸ’œ

• Thank you, Kay. I think there are some parts of me I may never like (thighs? ugh!)… but I do have many lovely parts, too. And I like my face so that makes mirrors okay! Hahaha πŸ™‚

• Kay says:

Oh, there are definitely parts of me, both physical (there are so many) and otherwise, that I know I’ll never like. Maybe better accept one day, but not like. I do think that M’s love and acceptance of all of it has a huge impact on how I view myself. But some of that love and acceptance will always have to be internally my own for it to stick.

I’m glad you see many lovely parts!! I’ve only seen the physical parts you’ve shared, and they are quite lovely. The rest of you that you’ve shared is amazing, too. Hope you have a great weekend!

7. Eric says:

Beautiful, Sandra. πŸ’• both.

Great hair, babe! I know you’re beautiful! xo

So lovely Sandra, both your gorgeous hair and words. πŸ™‚

10. Sara Kenneth says:

Very beautiful. This is what love can do. We go to any extreme to give someone all of us. And that is the best part