my friends: a limerick.

coffee.

Coffee when I rise and more before day’s end
A gentle breeze and flowers on growing stems
A tiny dark chocolate kiss
A good book to read is bliss
A drink, a scent, and comfort… these are my friends

swash.

Written for Mind and Life Matters limerick poetry challenge – prompt: friendship
© what sandra thinks

This entry was posted in poetry, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to my friends: a limerick.

Oh, I second that! I’m going for my third cup and M&Ms are acceptable for breakfast, right? 😉

These friends never let you down. 🙂

3. Not bad company to keep. 😃

Ahh, sounds perfect.

• I’ve only had the coffee so far today. The quest for chocolate should happen now!

• Kay says:

Definitely. What good book are you reading?

• Oh, right now… I haven’t been reading at all! Writing… and kids home for the summer… I’ve not read for a while. And what I read, well, I always expect people to laugh at me. 🙂

• Kay says:

Totally understand! I used to be a 3 book a week reader and I haven’t done that in about 3-4 years. After I started writing again, I stooped almost completely for a long time. Relationship, kids, house, work, writing. No time. I did recently buy several and read two of them. I’m glad I did. I forgot how much I love stories.

I promise not to laugh! I read it have read all kind of books!

• I used to read that much, too. I think it’s mostly the writing that has taken over because that’s what I seem to do now during the time I would have been reading.

Well… I love romance and love stories. But not super-cheesy romance like the ones with Fabio on the cover. I need a good story to go with my love stories. For reading and writing!

5. theturtle says:

Some very good friends you have 🙂
    Turtle Hugs

6. Well, I had lots of coffee, then a mocha later, a chocolate chip cookie after lunch, so I’m good! Today the only thing better might be Jamocha Almond Fudge ice cream *sigh*

7. ranu802 says:

Awesome is all I’d say! 🙂

8. Innervoice says:

Awesome!!! Both, your friends and the limerick! 🙂 🙂

My friends too! Lovely, Sandra. 🙂

10. draliman says:

Ah, you know the truly important things in life 🙂

11. Aaahh….that sounds soo good! I love coffeeeeee…..!! 🙂
    And of course, the limerick too 😀