adored.

sad princess.

When I was a little girl
I believed in fairy tales
but as years floated by me
my belief began to fade.
No longer did I think
love was coming for me.
Everyone always said
those stories are not real.
I tried to hold on
magic love
and still
hoping
to be
adored.

swirl.

A note about this poem: I don’t know if anyone noticed the ‘pattern‘ (I use the term quite loosely) in this piece. I think I hope you didn’t… I want the story to hide the ‘pattern‘. But I do think it makes the poem flow better than it might otherwise…

The first four lines are 7 syllables, the next four are 6, then 5, then 4, then 3, then 2.

what sandra thinks

This entry was posted in poetry, writing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to adored.

1. I didn’t notice the pattern but the poem flows so well. And the picture is perfect for your words!

Really loved this Sandra. A tad sad and nostalgic but beautiful. Ah, if life was only like fairy tales. xo

3. Disney, fairy tales, romance novels…. sets the bar way too high! I love the pattern, which I did not pick up on, so I’m glad you pointed it out. It did make the poem flow nicely!

4. maharedwynn says:

Cool structure! But a sad, but too often true tale…

5. mandibelle16 says:

Neat pattern. I believe many girls grow up watching Disney and having a somewhat rose-coloured view of love in real life. I don’t think we can wait for a prince to save us, we have to save ourselves and build our own lives.

6. We should always believe in fairies, and white knights and all those daydreamy things. I noticed the pattern but only because I read it three times 🙂 Lovely poem.

7. Heartafire says:

very beautiful.

Beautifully bittersweet!

9. I noticed the pattern and was actually wondering about until I read the note about the poem!
    Love the poem. ..it flows beautifully! 🙂