It’s lovely to be appreciated. For what I do, for what I say, for who I am. In those moments when I’m feeling less than confident, I think of the things people love about me. Knowing something about me has made someone else happy? I love that.
But it’s important for me to also focus on things I love about me, as is the philosophy behind the perk. It’s a work in progress… and it sucks when something or someone comes along and knocks me back down a few notches. But I will keep climbing. Figuratively, of course, because I am afraid of heights. And I probably shouldn’t let everybody look up my skirt.
So… since some of you wackos think I’m pretty okay, I’ve been inspired (and indirectly encouraged) to list a few things about myself – good things… things I love about me…
- My sense of humor. It spans all ages (or so I am told). My kids think I’m hilarious. I have made my son spit milk all over the table (and gotten John to clean it up). Then there’s the dark humor. And of course, my often inappropriate adult humor.
- Cool mom. I must be pretty great because my kids are amazing. And adorable. Sure they want to kill each other sometimes. (Not literally) Hell, I want to kill them sometimes. (Not literally) But they are smart and creative and clever… I hope some of that comes from me.
- Pieces of me. It took me a long time to love things like this about myself. Something could always be better – that’s what my mind would tell me. But I do have lovely hair. And my boobs have always been quite popular. I will even share a photo. Of my hair. Not my boobs. (Sorry boys… or girls… or both.)
- Writing. I think I finally believe that my writing is good. And that’s really thanks to you. I never had feedback before I started blogging… and I really needed it. I’ve found lots of support here. I don’t want to single out anyone because I don’t want to leave anyone out, but I am going to be honest… I was going to write initials… and then I realized that I was going to say two of my biggest supporters are T and A. And, well, the mind wanders. And then I thought of two more who are also T and A. And I had to stop right there.
- The flirt. Once I get over some initial shyness, I’m lots of fun… and I’m kind of a flirt. Is that a good thing? (Those of you who answer ‘yes’ would probably also tell me to remove ‘kind of’…)
Also… this is not about me, not really, but I wanted to share… my latest ‘search terms’ (you know, what people search for that brings them to my blog)…
This is not about me either but also needs to be shared…
You just wave a magic stick and the monster comes to life.
I kid you not… my son said that to me today. I lost it. And he asked me why that was funny… and I told him to ask me again in a few years.
I hope I left you with a laugh.