a cold day in hell.

a cold day in hell.

I’m not amused, Cupid.

I had to [yes, had to – completely necessary] adopt a Valentine gift from a very generous friend [you know who you are] because my husband is about as romantic and attentive as a neutered cat.

And then this morning happened.

It is -9°F, with wind chill, -28°F. [Yes, those are negative numbers.]

And this morning I was awakened by the voice of my daughter informing me that the POWER WAS OUT. My house was freezing. Not cold. Not chilly. Freezing. I could have left the milk on the counter with no unfortunate consequences.

I have had three cups of hot coffee. I’m going for four. Power was restored about an hour ago. I haven’t recovered yet.

I need some warming up.

This entry was posted in humor, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to a cold day in hell.

1. The V-Pub says:

I hope power comes back quickly. If not, maybe a romantic time by a roaring fireplace is on order. 😀

2. Hope you warm up soon x

Our furnace broke! Cheers on the hot beverages!

4. theturtle says:

Hope your house is warmer 🙂
    And your heart too (thanks to your kids) ❤
    It's very cold out here today too , but kids ? they are a furnace 😉
    ❤ ❤ ❤

• House is much warmer. Let’s not even discuss how much coffee I’ve had.

It is so cold here that we received a broadcast phone call from the town we live in telling people to stay indoors and check on your friends and neighbors! Apparently, we have not had a day this cold here since 1957.

Sending warm wishes, lots of love and hugs from summer in Australia (not that it feels like summer at the moment). Take care and rug up xo

6. lolabipola says:

Oh boy! MEN! 😉

7. sassandsauce says:

Awww.. Men 😦 What was the gift though? And I hope you’ve recovered from the cold..

8. Sending you lots of warm hugs and virtual gifts for vday! I spend the day with my son and my mom at the movies watching Star Wars movie – my son’s current fav! 😀

9. Sorry, I am late, but I’m here now. Should I start with your toes???