limerick poetry challenge: happy

I’ve decided to participate in the Limerick Poetry Challenge at Mind and Live Matters. Not sure if I’ll do it every week – but I thought I’d give it a go.

Disclaimer: I’ve never written a limerick before.

This week’s prompt: happy

I drink too much coffee, some say.
I disagree, just five cups a day.
I’m addicted, it’s true.
I should cut down to two.
But my happiness wins so it stays.

♥ glyphicons-295-coffee-cup

Sandra is a writer, blogger, poet, artist, emotional disaster. She thinks far too much and sleeps far too little. Sandra lives in the Northeastern U.S. but dreams of an oceanfront home in Hawaii where she could learn to surf. She loves books, brutal honesty, coffee, and the color black. She hates insincerity, beer, whipped cream, and facebook. And she is uncomfortable talking about herself in the third person.
This entry was posted in challenge, poetry, writing and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to limerick poetry challenge: happy

1. As a coffee lover, I soo lover your limerick that it makes me jump up in joy! 😀
    Glad you decided to participate

2. Meritings says:

For a non limerick writer this is pretty damn good! You must do more.

3. mescalime says:

Doesn’t suprise me that this is a good piece. Your wit is just perfect for limericks. You should do it every week😊

4. izabolinha says:

Wow ! First time is a winner 🙂 But then , you had coffee to help you 😉
    Turtle Hugs

5. lolabipola says:

Your Limerick made me smile 😀

6. Tiegan says:

Definitely my favourite limerick 🙂

I don’t drink coffee and all. It’s just yuck. *Wrinkles nose* 😛

7. This makes me smile!! Loved it!

8. :O Certainly 5 cups of coffee isn’t too much… is it? 🙈

9. Tikeetha T says:

LOL. 5 cups? I drink about 2 but I will never give it up. I’m just like you.

10. stephieann8 says:

I love this and it is so me! I love my coffee!

11. Pingback: Limerick Challenge Week 2: Immortal | Mind and Life Matters