Over the last 48 hours, I’ve received three more nominations for Liebster awards. I want to thank you, lovely friends, for the nods…
These are my 4th, 5th and 6th Liebster award nominations. I’m overwhelmed and so grateful that anyone out there is enjoying my blog enough to recognize me like this. ♥
I now have to list 11 random facts about myself, times 3. Nope… not doing 33. Holy crap, eventually, I’d be listing really random shit like my bra size or something.
I also have 3 sets of 11 questions to answer. I will answer these… because I love that part. And I do what I want… because I’m feeling like a selfish bitch today.
I am going to decline nominating 11 more blogs (and holy crap, not 33!). I know I’m somehow evil for breaking the chain… but I’m skipping this part because selfish bitch. Honestly, I have nominated so many before and so many I’d choose have already been nominated before (and some again by one or more of the 3 friends who most recently nominated me). But mostly, selfish bitch.
So… Here is a lot of shit you probably would be better off not knowing about me. And a lot of answers to a lot of questions. Hopefully, no one runs away screaming after reading this post. But I have accepted that it’s a real possibility.
11 random facts about me:
- I love coffee, but I’m not a coffee snob. I’m not very picky at all. If it’s coffee, I’m good. (Except this one time at a gas station — the only time I ever had to throw a cup away…)
- I have big feet.
- 90% of my wardrobe is black. Or very dark grey.
- I am the only one of my parents’ four daughters who got Dad’s blue eyes.
- Years ago, I shook hands with every member of *NSYNC. Haha – it’s true!
- I wish I had my own Baymax.
- I kissed the Blarney Stone. (So that’s either why I’m eloquent, or where I picked up some disease.)
- I’m extremely afraid of heights.
- I have not been on an airplane since 2000.
- I miss when my kids were babies.
- But there is no way I’d have another one. 🙂
Questions from Stephanie @ When I Thought I Was Fat:
1. What got you started with your blog?
I have been writing, mostly fiction, since I was about 12. I also have kept journals on and off for as long as I can remember. I thought this was a good idea.
2. Post a link to a favorite blog you have written and explain why it is your favorite?
Personal/non-fiction: fighting the heart. I wrote this before I had very many followers. I don’t know that it was read by many… possibly just one person (Turtle, I’m talking to you!). But I loved this post… it helped me sort through my head and I thought I did a good job writing it. I sometimes think I should have saved that post so it could have gotten the attention it deserved.
Fiction: I’m really proud of secret admirer. I wrote that in a very short amount of time… it just came to me in a flash and I liked it.
3. What is your favorite color?
4. Where do you get your inspiration for your blog
In my active fantasy life. And my messed up head.
5. Where would you like to travel that you haven’t travelled yet
6. What was your favorite book or movie as a child?
Sleeping Beauty… but not because she was a princess. I thought the villain turning into a huge black and purple dragon was so cool.
7. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring… everything starts to get brighter and more alive and it’s uplifting.
8. Any goals for your blog? I would like to get 1000 followers and expand my creative writing. I would like to write more chapters for my book.
I would like to stop worrying about everything I post, stop spending hours editing every damn word I write… so I can post more. It would be cool if someone who could give me a job saw my writing and offered me one…
9. Do you have a bucket list?
I don’t. Maybe I should?
10. Favourite thing to blog about?
I like funny posts and I like writing fiction.
11. What’s your dream job?
One I can do from home that involves writing and other forms of creativity.
Questions from No Love For Fatties:
- Who inspires you?
I never know how to answer this. Hm… someone who isn’t paranoid and doesn’t constantly worry that she’s not good enough and no one likes her?
- What is your favourite childhood book?
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (Dr. Seuss)
- Favourite movie?
Tangled (yes, Disney animated…)
- If you were on a deserted island, and food/clothing/shelter was provided already, what other 3 items would you take?
A surfboard, a super hot guy to teach me to surf, something to write with and on.
- Dogs or Cats?
- BBQ or Picnic?
- If you could travel anywhere/anytime, where/when would it be?
I would like to go to Hawaii right now.
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Time travel. Or as fast as The Flash so I can turn back time.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
About 234928374329 bad decisions I’ve made.
- What is one thing you would love to tell a younger version of your best friend?
Don’t listen to your mother.
- If you had to watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Back to Tangled.
Questions from Joana @ The Great Journey:
1. What is your hobby?
Writing, I guess… but also graphic design and baking.
2. What do you normally do when you are sad?
Cry and try to distract myself.
3. What genre of music do you like?
I like what I believe the kids still call ‘Alternative Rock’
4. Heart or Mind?
Heart (though it always gets me in trouble)
5. What are your greatest fear?
Something happening to my children.
6. What do you want to receive for Christmas?
I long relaxing massage… and possibly a sex toy.
7. Do you have a motto in life?
All I can think of right now are negative things… so I’m going to say no.
8. What is happiness?
I don’t think I know how to answer this!
9. Rewrite the past or predict the future? Why?
Rewrite the past… I made a lot of mistakes. But then, the future predictions could include winning lottery numbers… so I’m torn…
10. What is the corniest joke you have ever heard?
Not sure if it’s the corniest ever, but… What do you feed an invisible cat? …… Evaporated Milk.
11. Can you live without technology?
No f-ing way.
I cannot imagine anyone made it to the end of this. But if you did here’s your free toaster.