[I’m not really freaking out… I just love this picture. How could I not?]
So… about the name thing. Yeah, I really am posting about this again… Sorry. Feel free to skip this post!
I’m not changing the RedBubble/what sandra makes shop (at least not right now… someday, who knows). I just want a different (better) name for my handmade/home-printed stuff.
For years, I used a name derived from my son’s name. (I’m not a mean mom… I created it before my daughter was born.) But I wasn’t selling my stuff… it was for me or for family. And of course, that name is taken so I cannot use it if I sell.
I hate this whole process. This is the reason I never opened an Etsy shop. I started setting it up FIVE years ago… but I couldn’t come up with a name… so I stopped right there. And I’m still stuck there now…
I don’t want to use my name. I don’t want to use ‘card’ or anything else limiting what I sell. And, of course, I am not a cutesy person at all. I’m a dark person. I’m a coffee-drinking, music-listening, donut-loving emotional disaster. If you read my blog, I think you know what I’m like… kinda… mostly.
Here are some of the names I did like… but I already hate some of them… maybe this list will give a better idea of where I was going… or trying to go… or failing to go.
• inkling or inklings (too cute? taken anyway…)
• dark cloud or dark clouds (too dark? is there any such thing?)
• c__ and caffeinated or c__ and caffeine or c__ and coffee (c__ would be a word that starts with c and describes me. NO not that one!! But I don’t want it to sound like I’m a coffee shop… so maybe these don’t work…)
• two am (when I usually end up designing things…)
• ellipses… (I use them constantly… probably too much…)
• first draft (I have no idea where I got this…)
• aisle five (this comes from a song…)
• ___works (I don’t know what goes in the blank…)
Also, I liked sonofabeach‘s ‘graffeinated’ suggestion, but I’d do grapheinated instead… but either way, all I can think of is graph paper… and while I’m a math geek, it doesn’t quite fit for this.
Oh… and I also have a thing for using all lowercase letters. Maybe I have an inferiority complex. Yeah… maybe.
As I read through this post, I’m picking out words and phrases that I could use… but most of them are ridiculous… ‘inferiority complex‘… ‘lowercase‘… ‘emotional disaster‘… ‘five years‘…
I should have included all of this in the first post… apologies.
©2017 what sandra thinks