a speck of grace.

globe-lights

lost in imagination
inside worlds of my own creation
I never wanted to leave
the romance of the stories I weave

but my mind has locked the door
cannot break through that wall anymore
outside in the cold and grey
cast aside, abandoned, tossed away

is it over? am I done?
I don’t think I ever could have won
so I sigh and take my place
and try to live with a speck of grace

p_loopswirl-div

©2016 what sandra thinks
[lovely art by Hajin Bae]

This entry was posted in poetry, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to a speck of grace.

1. Simon says:

Its hard to have grace when all around take it from you.. I feel you Sandra ☺

Hey now… I can’t believe you’re done. Just chill till the holidays are over and you’ll get back to writing. I’m hoping you’ll help me ‘bake’ this year. 🙏

You’ll get it back. I’m in much the same boat with writing. It used to come much easier. Sigh. Maybe we should grow some “medicine,” to help our creativity. 😄

4. R 'i' P says:

Beautifully expressed, Sandra !

5. That was beautiful, Sandra. I’m planning on 2017 being a much better year. Join me?

I love the flow and nostalgic tone of this piece. The picture goes with it really well!

7. mandibelle16 says:

Grace and mercy very much intertwined. Grace is undeserved mercy and mercy is a gift. I’m sad you are stuck in the grey but I’m praying you find inspiration and more than a speck of grace. It’s always there, it’s free, something given, that you can’t be rid of. It’s just a matter of seeing it. So I pray for you, that you see light, grace, and happiness. I really want you to be happy. But I understand how tough things are at times with depression and the like.