trapped.

trapped.

Trapped in this box
Only big enough for one
Somehow I know
It could be twice the size
Yet I would remain alone

I understand
You cannot fix me
I never asked for a miracle
But you can love me
Or maybe you cannot

If no one has the answer
They cannot know

It seems my solution
Has become the opposite
I am forever lost
And I don’t know why
I torture myself…

swirl.

A few words about this poem: I am fully aware that it sucks monkey balls. I wrote a not-poetry post but… I don’t know. It felt… wrong… pathetic… humiliating. You get the idea. This is really not much of an improvement, yet somehow I can actually post this crap…

Β© 2016 what sandra thinks

This entry was posted in poetry, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to trapped.

1. tarnishedsoul says:

This is powerful and expresses the emotions well!
    And it makes me want to hug you.

2. Well, it’s certainly not crap. 😊

You know this is not crap. It has a circular feel to it. Start here, travel a bit and find yourself back at the starting point. That is really pretty cool. Also the image made me think of ‘Boxing Helena’ the film. Ever see it? Totally psychologically creepy.

4. zahraammar says:

Sandra it is good to be critical of oneself and I see you are sensibly doing that but this piece you have written is not crap. I believe if a work connects to even ine human being that is enough. It did to you. It did to me. And I can see many comments above too. So I think you should pat yourself on the back and smile πŸ™‚

5. It’s not crap. It’s a feeling. And I can relate to to it.

This is poetry at it’s best I think. Emotion, abstract ideas- it’s perfect. We can connect easily to it even if we don’t have the same experience. Hugs, my friend. ❀

Sandra this is raw and emotional and a lovely piece. Give yourself some credit. Hugs from me to you.

8. This does not suck! It’s emotional and beautiful. Thanks for sharing it πŸ™‚

It’s not crap, it’s raw emotion like you said and that is brave and beautiful. I’d love to offer a hug as well. Small gesture, but it’s sincere. πŸ’œ

It doesn’t suck monkey balls. In fact, it really resonates with me. You’re certainly entitled to think it sucks, but you can’t argue with the fact that I can relate to your words.

• I think the thing is… I had written a (too long) non-poetry post about my ‘trapped’ feelings and I was sort of converting that to a poem. So it didn’t feel natural. I think that’s why it sounded terrible in my head. Or I’m just crazy. πŸ™‚ But thank you. And I’m glad that I’ve written something you can relate to… but also sorry you are familiar with these feelings…

• magarisa says:

Shouldn’t your readers be the ones to determine whether a post is too long? Just teasin’. I get what you’re saying about feeling as if the poem came “unnaturally”. I feel the same way about some of my writing as well.