faith | despair.

Back in June, I experimented with a ‘diamante’ poem — hate-love. Since then, I’ve made a few attempts at writing another, but I haven’t been able to do it. At least not to my liking. Hell, I think this may be the first one I’ve been able to complete! Still, I’m not sure I’m happy with it.
dots

faith | despair.

Faith
Pure and strong
Hoping, believing, trusting
Always thinking the best. Always getting the worst.
Questioning, falling, losing
Weak and damaged
Despair

© what sandra thinks

This entry was posted in poetry, writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to faith | despair.

1. Lisa Meister says:

Well I love it, and this is why: I love how you start with faith and all the positives, switch in the middle with faith and then despair, and working your way down to despair. I see it building and falling. Great job!

2. tarnishedsoul says:

Sounds like my life’s story at the moment…

3. Eric says:

Wow! Beautifully done. I think this one is a success. 💕

4. I think it’s good. 😃

It’s excellent! Structure and content. The fall into despair… And the image is perfect.

6. Nice one. But you know me, I’d like you to flip that and start with despair and end with faith! But that’s just me… 🙂

• Oh I’m sure it’s not just you! And I thought about it… but I am SO so very far from having any kind of faith whatsoever that it just felt wrong….

• Aww, I’m so sorry. But even when you look at your son and daughter, doesn’t that give you faith in this world? They are the future and look how brilliant they are already!

• Oh, it’s okay. I think I’m just pretty cynical at this point… it’s hard for me to have faith. And I am not religious in any way at all, so I don’t have that sort of faith either. I do have faith in my children (though I’m not sure I’ve ever used the word ‘faith’ there!)… but the lack of faith I have in the world itself is a little overwhelming!

7. mandibelle16 says:

This is awesome Sandra. You did a great job of your Diamente. I have only one done poem with a series of Diamente’s (verses) myself. They are extremely difficult to do and it took me a long time before I was satisifed with the poem was well. Great job, you really feel the emotional change occurring.

8. I love this! I had never heard of this type of poem before! Or at least the name for it/reasoning behind it. I also like how it works from the bottom to the top too – going from hate into love

9. I really like this. Faith is great but hope is the glue that makes it stick together

Beautiful job! What’s not to like? It’s perfect!

For what it’s worth, I think you’ve done a great job linking the opposites of faith and despair.

Oh I think you did a great job with this Sandra. The rise and fall of hope faith and despair.