I have failed.

batman facepalm.

Today is Friday. And in my brain calendar, tomorrow, Saturday, is the last day of the week. So I have failed… twice. [Or… I will probably fail.]

My fiction friday post isn’t ready.

I have not written a weekly perk.

Damn, even this post is taking me too long to write.

I feel bad. Especially about the fiction. I feel terrible.Β I promise secret admirer is not over! I just suck.

I’ve had too many distractions and neuroses. I have been up and down so many times this week I feel like an elevator. One that goes to the roof… and the basement… and stops randomly at any level. One that doesn’t have working buttons… so I can’t choose the destination. Today, so far, I’m somewhere in the middle… which is better than the basement. But I’d still love to go up… Maybe it’s out of order. Maybe I am out of order.

No idea when I’m going to write the perk… or what I’m going to write. When that post is hard to write, it’s not a good sign.

I will try to finishΒ secret admirer part 11Β as soon as I can. But I don’t want to rush it. I’m hoping to finish tonight (oh, if so, it will be well after midnight, so definitely not Friday)… but I can’t even promise that. Not even sure when I’ll get back here to my laptop.

I’ve got to make the tacos. [I’m not randomly losing my mind… I have to make actual tacos… for dinner. My daughter thinks this is all wrong because it’s not Tuesday… but seriously, it does not have to be Taco Tuesday. I’m not in the mood for Fishy Friday. I know, that’s not a thing. I just made it up.]

See? Total scatterbrain!

Sorry, peeps.
(I am way too old to call you guys ‘peeps’.)

This entry was posted in fiction friday, weekly perk, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to I have failed.

Oh Batman…. You know, it’s summer and we should have summer hours for everything even blogging. Take your time and don’t stress, peep! 😘

2. Al Lane says:

Tacos trump blog posts. Get part 11 right. We’ll be waiting x ❀

I say peeps all the time, lol.
    You didn’t fail anything! We will all wait patiently because we luuurve you! And Meg’s right. It’s summer. We’re relaxed. Half of us probably don’t know what day it is. πŸ˜„

In my eyes, you haven’t failed (if it’s any consolation). πŸ™‚

5. Marquessa says:

Its all good. Your fans (like me) are prepared to patiently wait for anything you feel inspired to write! Save me a taco!πŸ˜‰

• I only had 1.5 tacos… and I’m stuffed. Love how my 11 yr old boy ate 2.5 and then a bowl of ice cream. He’s a rail… I have no idea where it puts it. Tomorrow he’s going to wake up 7ft tall or something!

6. theturtle says:

It is Summer πŸ™‚ take it easy πŸ˜‰
    Turtle Hugs

7. Don’t put yourself down. You’ve been stressed and you’re burnt out. Give yourself permission to let this week slide, take it easy and recharge. Maybe refresh an old post to make it new to tide people over?

8. Deep breaths! Everyone understands how crazy life can be. You won’t loose a single reader if you make us wait. Some might even like the anticipation. πŸ˜‰

Stop being so hard on yourself Sandra. We’re all happy to wait for part 11 so try and relax. You’ll get there and we’ll still be here. Take it easy. πŸ™‚

10. mandibelle16 says:

Take your time Sandra. One thing I have learned with blogging is you can’t let your blogging schedule control you. If you are late, or can’t do something at certain times it’s completely understandable or have to skip something altogether, it’s fine. We all have lives and issues, so relax and let yourself feel better. We will be here to read when you are ready with the post. Have a great weekend. πŸ’•

11. Yea same for me regarding the peeps mention

12. I’m missing blogging this week, too! Balance, we need balance! But it’s just so drugging hot out it’s wearing me out. Hey, guess what? I’m meeting Rashmi for lunch tomorrow in Richmond!

13. It’s not failure. It’s…reprioritizing. Yeah. That. πŸ™‚