summer: a limerick.

read a book.

This is dedicated to my children… kind of.

You wanted summer, that’s what I thought…
But within days, you’re bored and too hot.
When I say read if you feel lazy,
You look at me like I’m crazy…
Maybe you’ll be happier when school starts!

green dots.

Mind and Life Matters limerick poetry challenge – prompt: summer

This entry was posted in challenge, poetry, writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to summer: a limerick.

1. Al Lane says:

Doubt it! I was thinking of a limerick on similar lines… School holidays, eh? 🙂

• They couldn’t wait to be out! Especially my son… On day 2 my daughter was bored… and my son caught up soon after. I could just let them use the computer or tablet or other such technology all day, but that’s bad parenting, right? (Says the mom who has a laptop on her lap most of the time and a phone in her hand the rest… or both!)

• Al Lane says:

Preaching to the choir! My eldest has chicken pox, so is off school (we’ve got another three weeks of school left yet). He spent three hours watching TV this morning while I filled in work applications on the laptop… not ideal!

My kids used to be like this but not any more … they love their holidays!

• I think when they’re older and don’t want to hang out with Mom anymore, they will just go off and do their thing… but now, they want to do stuff with me… and I’d love to take them to do fun things, but I can’t spend money on anything so that’s pretty limiting. Plus it was grossly humid today… and it’s supposed to rain tomorrow…! Maybe I should have them help bake some cookies and then let them make a mess decorating them. Of course, the problem with that is that I will eat too many cookies. 🙂

3. Eric says:

Ha! Wonderful, Sandra!

4. The international parent lament during school breaks. Mine were that way, too. If you had an unlimited income and/or unlimited time you could do stuff everyday. Hang in there, it’s almost July!

5. Kids. 😏
    Never satisfied, are they?

Lol! Mine would be on screens all day too. One time we had no screens for a week and that taught them other things to do but damn, what would I do? I couldn’t handle it, lol.

7. Haha….! That’s a good limerick! My son loves the summer break because of summer camps and field trips and I love it coz I get to sleep a little longer in the mornings 😀

• When I wasn’t unemployed, the kids went to camp… and they enjoyed it. But it is so expensive (around here anyway)… so of course, with me out of work, it doesn’t make sense for us to send them anywhere! I need to come up with more stuff for us to do! Hey, they really do have summer reading. I’m not totally crazy telling them to read! 🙂

I have no good suggestions here… Except yeah, tackle the drive to Mom’s pool!

9. Pingback: Limerick Challenge Week 28: Rain | Mind and Life Matters