Thank you Joana at The Great Journey for this award. I think this may be my favorite award of all the ones I’ve seen because it encourages sharing of blogs we love but no pressure to pick this many or answer this many questions and make up this many new questions! Plus the graphic is beautiful! (I’m into that sort of thing.)
The Award Rules:
1. I know you are Awesome, tell us why.
2. You are my friends and tell us about others.
3. Be creative. It’s alright if you can’t be.
4. I give no questions to be fully answered but let yourself go here. Thank you.
1. Wow, I really don’t think of myself as ‘awesome.’ More like… passable. Able to be tolerated. Okay in small doses. I also do not think of myself as ‘confident.’ Can you tell? I’m kind of a moody pessimist and am prone to bouts of heightened anxiety. But I guess I’m good at some things… writing, being funny, a bit of graphic design, cooking and baking, all sorts of paper-craft stuff like custom designed cards and invitations and even origami. And sleeping. I’m great at that.
2. I’ve never thought of myself as someone good at making friends, but I think I have some here. I think these are deserving of being called ‘epically awesome.’
I’m sure some, most, or all of these have already received this award, but I want them to know I think they’re awesome, too. Some have been great friends to me… others I don’t know as well but I love all of these blogs…
3. Well, you can read my fiction (at least what I’ve posted to this blog). And I just started ‘fiction friday‘ and even made the fancy title logo for it myself. I thought that came out great… I was very happy with it. Hm… and one time my daughter had a Tinkerbell birthday party… here’s the cake I made… with matching cupcakes…
4. Let myself go… hm…
- I like my first cup of coffee in the morning (or whenever the hell I get my lazy ass out of bed).
- I like reading something about love and relationships as I fall asleep and I always wish I’d have a dream about what I read (rarely happens…).
- I like kissing.
- I like seeing my children happy, smiling, laughing.
- I like falling in love and I wish I could do it every day. (I love my husband but we have been together for 17 years… the ‘falling in love’ part was a looong time ago.)
- I like cheese.
- I like warm sunshine but not hot weather.
- I like the color black… if given a choice, I always choose the black one… the black shirt, the black shoes, the black phone case, the black… pretty much everything.
- I like the dentist better than the doctor. (Plus my dentist is hot.)
I need to stop now… before I start sounding crazy. Or… more crazy. Plus, I’m not sure if more than 1 or 2 of you actually read all the way to the end of this post! Ha!